Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dietitian's Lunchbox - Lunch with Les

Since we've spent the last several weeks sneaking around the office and peeking in everyone's lunchbox, I suppose it's only fair I share my lunch with you, too.

My favorite lunch is borrowed from Mellow Mushroom's hoagie menu -- the Tempeh Hoagie. Served up with fresh fruit and a cup of yogurt this balanced meal keeps me going through the afternoon! The best part? This sandwich is delicious hot or cold, and my husband loves it too!

It starts with sauteed tempeh, onions and green peppers marinated with Teriyaki sauce and piled high into a hoagie roll with feta cheese, pesto, lettuce, tomato and sprouts. For a hot sandwich, it can be toasted for just a few minutes, or it's delicious right out of the fridge.

This delicious and wholesome meal keeps me going straight through the afternoon. No "3 o'clock feeling" in this office!

-- Les, MS RD LD

No comments:

Post a Comment