Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dietitian's Lunchbox - Holly's

Holly Pudwill is a busy dietitian. She sees clients individually, serves as nutrition coordinator for Blue Horizon, facilitates groups, meal experiences and nutrition education, and goes home each day to play with puppy Duke to make sure he gets the exercise and play time he needs each day.

How does she do it?

"Private Practice can get hectic! Two days each week I'm here for both lunch and dinner -- I need to make sure I'm packing complete meals... balance is key when I'm getting so much of my nutrition at work!"

A favorite of Holly's is pita with spiced chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomato and dressing. It's quick and easy to make, especially if chicken and rice is on the menu the evening before. And added bonus -- this meal keeps fine in a cooler-pack and is delicious hot or cold! And to round out her meal? Carrots and pita chips with a side of hummus lends a nutriitonal boost and enhances both the visual and textural appeal of her lunch.

"It's such a breeze to pack, too. That's so important, because honestly, I'd rather be playing with Duke than stressing over my lunchbox each morning!"

-- Les, MS RD LD with Holly Pudwill, MS RD LD

No comments:

Post a Comment